Timo,

Timo Haberkern wrote:
1.) FOP (or XSL:FO) doesn't support CMYK directly

I don't know if the XSL-FO color space support supports CMYK or not. Others may comment on this who have read the spec more than I.

2.) CMYK JPEGs shouldn't be a problem in FOP through JAI support

I use CMYK JPEGs in FOP all the time.

Ben: How about release your mentioned tool as open source?

The President of my employer is a lawyer. Dunno if open-source will happen anytime soon for that lib. ;-)

Have you checked if the open-source Multivalent lib supports this type of operation? I'll try and take a gander too, but you should check and see.

Ben