Hi,
        We tried to generate a pdf (an image) with embedded fonts and are
facing a problem. The process that we are following is outlined below.

Process
1.      We first generate a SVG image of the Chart using Corda PopChart
version 5.1.
        - The reason for choosing SVG as an intermediate image format is that
it supports embedding of fonts (which reduces the file size). If we try to
generate a PDF directly using PopChart, the fonts are not embedded and the
image file turns out to be pretty bulky.
2.      Data from the generated SVG is extracted and fed to the Apache FOP
(Formatting Objects Processor).
3.      The FOP generates the PDF version of the SVG image.

Problem
The PDF generated does not open in Adobe Illustrator. In Illustrator version
9, it says that "Missing Double-byte fonts have been substituted with the
default font". In version 11 CS, it says that "Acrobat PDF File Format is
having difficulties. Could not create internal representation of XMP
metadata".

However, these images open up fine in Adobe Acrobat, Acrobat Reader as well
as Adobe PhotoShop. Also, if we open the image in Adobe Acrobat and save it
again, subsequently it opens up fine in Illustrator.

It is important that we be able to edit it using Illustrator as that is what
the users of the system will be using. We are looking for reasons as to why
it's not working; are we missing out any detail?

Attached alongwith are the following files:
1.      109...svg - This is the SVG image generated by PopChart. Opens up
fine in IE.
2.      109...fo - Intermediate file produced by FOP.
3.      109...pdf - Final PDF generated by FOP.

Thanks and Regards,
Saptarshi.

  <<1094899742704.fo>>  <<1094899742704.pdf>>  <<1094899742704.svg>>

DISCLAIMER:
This message (including attachment if any) is confidential and may be
privileged. Before opening attachments please check them for viruses and
defects. MindTree Consulting Private Limited (MindTree) will not be responsible
for any viruses or defects or any forwarded attachments emanating either from
within MindTree or outside. If you have received this message by mistake please
notify the sender by return  e-mail and delete this message from your system.
Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is
strictly prohibited.  Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change and
MindTree shall not be liable for any improper, untimely or incomplete
transmission.