I should say a few words as well.

I work as a computer programmer for a small software firm.

We first started looking at FOP late 2001, because we had a potential bank as
customer who liked to have their public yearly funds development reports
produced by us.

By Norwegian law, the development of a bank's funds must be reported to the
public 2 times a year.
So there is loads of data that has to be processed and visually presented(both
print and PDF for web), this would be almost impossible to do by hand.
We have two of Norway's biggest banks in our portfolio by now.
This has been a great success for us.

The only "problems" we have is, since we use PANTONE/CMYK colors for print
documents, we need to carry out an automated color replace job since FOP only
handles RGB.
We have had some minor layout problems due to the lack of support for the
space-before.conditionality/space-after.conditionality attributes(or whatever
it is called),
that would have made it possible to insert spaces between objects in a flowing
page only where appropriate.

FOP has really helped us here.

We have thought for a long time that it is time to give something back to FOP,
in form of development contribution.
I have been programming PDF components for a long time and know the PDF file
format, as well as XSL-FO.
Therefore, i think i might be able to help out.
However, we havent really taken the time for that. Now i think we can do that,
so i hereby also let you know that i am interested in starting to contribute.

3 examples of documents that we have generated(targeting mass printing for
broschure production) you can find here:
http://dev.oslokb.no:8080/dennis/Sample1.pdf

http://dev.oslokb.no:8080/dennis/Sample2.pdf

http://dev.oslokb.no:8080/dennis/Sample3.pdf

Regards,