Hi Julian,

Thank you very much. It looks very much like what i need. While the standard
FOP examples are great for developers, they are not ideally suitable for
demonstrations/presentations/promotions/... on the management level.

I remember you from the XSL List, though i have not been able to participate
in it for approx. 1.5 years already (unfortunately). Your answers were
always of great help.

Regards,
Ilya

> I am maintaining an XSLT that converts RFC2629-style RFC documents to FO
> (thus, there's a good set of sources to try, but only a limited subset
> of XSL:FO is actually used). For instance, check
> <http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc3986.pdf>.
>
> To support several distinct FO processors, I've been generating
> XSL-FO-1.1 for some time now, and use back-end XSLTs that either strip
> off 1.1 extensions or map them to custom extensions.
>
> In general, I like FOP (last time I checked it was the only free
> processor that does *most* what I need). I'm also testing with
> evaluation versions of RenderX and AntennaHouse which seem to be more
> complete, though.
>
> For FOP (0.20.5) and my specific application, the main drawbacks are:
>
> - need to put in specific line-breaking hints because it doesn't
> understand @page-break-before='always'
> - lack of automatic width computation in tables
> - link area computation problems
> - problems with many footnotes per page
> - various hyphenation issues (discussed on fop-dev 18 months ago, as far
> as I remember)
> - lack of custom extensions to map XSL 1.1 features to (for duplicate
> elimination in the index)
>
> Lots of samples are on <http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/>, the code
> itself can be found in <http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc2629xslt.zip>
>
> Best regards, Julian
>
> --

Lassen Sie Ihren Gedanken freien Lauf... z.B. per FreeSMS
GMX bietet bis zu 100 FreeSMS/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail