Hi,

> I would like to put, on the same line, several texts
> that have different font sizes. For example the word
> "BIG" in 60pt followed by the word "SMALL" in 40pt.
> The following FO code does not completely work since
> the text baseline is vertically centered in the parent
> block section and therefore the text gets out above
> the block!

If I get the problem correctly, the 'display-align' property[1] would solve
a lot of your problems, but... in FOP 0.20.5 it was only partially
implemented, and works only on table-cells and block-containers (not regular
blocks).

Should be enough to offer you a quite straightforward workaround though...

HTH!

Greetz,

Andreas

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice7.html#display-align