Von: Jeremias Maerki [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Freitag, 26. Mai 2006 16:41
An: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Metric Files

FOP's format for metric files is pretty arbitrary. We parse Type 1 and
TrueType files and write these XML files to have a common format to work
with. Please not that these XML files will be obsolete sooner or later when
we can directly parse the font files.

You can find more info in the various font specifications:
http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/font/index.html
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/default.mspx

On 23.05.2006 12:03:10 tblhh wrote:
> I would like to have some theoretical background knowledge about
> metric files. Does anyone can tell me a bit about the build up or some
> links where all that <pair kpx2="182" kern="-78"/> ... and so on is
explained?