Is there any statistics which says, with 'X' as java -Xmx runtime parameter,
the max size of a pdf file that could be generated is 'Y' Megabytes...?

I understand the need for memory during processing depends on how complex
the the content processing has to be.

I tried to generate PDF file using an xml data having simple text, no
complex processing, and the max size of PDF I could generate was 260KB for
and Xmx = 256M.

My goal is to generate PDF, the xml data used to generate the PDF being
runtime specific and there is a good chance the data keeps growing day by
day.

I am wondering, what is the best way to generate huge PDF files  using FOP.

Thanks
Terrance