Hi Deryl,

Deryl Seale a écrit :
> Hello, everyone.  Apologies in advance if this has been answered
> elsewhere, but I have not been able to find a solution to my issue.
>
> I am trying to render PDF content that contains embedded MathML, a
> sample of which is contained in the message below.  I found the JEuclid
> plugin, and have successfully integrated it with Apache FOP such that my
> MathML contained in instream-foreign-object blocks gets passed to the
> plugin -- the MathML is being rendered by JEuclid, albeit improperly.
> The issue I have seems to be with fonts; many of the valid escape
> sequences (e.g. −) get rendered as # characters, as if the FOP
> renderer encountered a character that was not in the font family it was
> using.  If I pass the exact same sample.fo file to the JEuclid
> MathViewer application at the following link (requires JDK 1.5 Web Start
> to run):
>
> http://jeuclid.sourceforge.net/jeuclid-webstart/mathviewer.jnlp
>
> .. the math renders perfectly.  I have tried registering the JEuclid
> recommended fonts (e.g. DejaVu) with the FOP renderer, and while the
> fonts for the body text do change, the equation remains unchanged.  I am
> not sure if this is an issue with the configuration for FOP or JEuclid
> -- the latter is pretty sparse -- so I am hoping someone has encountered
> this issue and might be able to give me some pointers.

This is strange. If the aspect of the body text changes, I assume you
properly configured the DejaVu fonts for FOP and didn't forget to
specify the config file on the command line:
fop -c config.xml math.fo math.pdf
Are you sure the font used for the text really is DejaVu (check the
properties of the PDF file in your viewer)?
Have you tried the jeuclid-user mailing list?

HTH,
Vincent