On Wednesday 18 July 2007 16:15, Vincent Hennebert wrote:
> J.Pietschmann a écrit :
> > Brad Smith wrote:
> >> Fop currently seems to treat '/' and '-' as valid characters for
> >> adding linebreaks within a word.
> >
> > FOP uses the Unicode line breaking algorithm
> >  http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr14/
> > (at least as far as it can be easily implemented).
>
> And apparently Word Joiner (U+2060) and Zero Width No-Break Space
> (U+FEFF) are not implemented? Because they would have been a (if not
> the) solution I think. Manuel?

These characters should be working as per UAX#14 spec. However, I just
tried and ZWNBSP does correctly prevent linebreaks but shows up as # in
the generated PDF. So the linebreaking / UAX#14 part is fine but the
rendering is not. Seems like we have to prevent this character to get
to the renderer similar to what we do with ZWSP.

I may have a look into this.

Manuel