Hi dear  Chris.
Yes, you were right. Although Bob Stayton claims that it can't be done yet
via the stylesheet, I entered the following to my customization layer:

<xsl:attribute-set name="orderedlist.properties"
use-attribute-sets="list.block.properties">
  <xsl:attribute
name="provisional-distance-between-starts">2.6em</xsl:attribute>
  <xsl:attribute name="provisional-label-separation">1.6em</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:attribute-set>
<xsl:attribute-set name="orderedlist.label.properties">
</xsl:attribute-set>
<xsl:param name="orderedlist.label.width" select="'1.2em'"/>

It increases space between the numbers and list body, but the warnings are
still present. May be I need certain values to hide them?

Regards,
Nancy