Hi,

Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> You need to pay attention to FOP's log output. Basically, it's a
> side-effect from an overflow condition which is currently not handled in
> the best possible way. If you make the region-before large enough (or
> the image small enough) so there's no overflow, everything will look
> good.

Still, there is a flaw in the calculation of merged Knuth elements which
should be corrected. I’ve just filed a bug report (#43676) as
a reminder. Thanks for the testcase, Thomas.

That said, you may have the result you want by putting the big image in
an fo:region-end instead. That way you won’t have to artificially make
the content of the region-before overflow over the region-body.

HTH,
Vincent