Hi all,

A thought occurred to me whilst implementing something and I thought I would share it with you.. I don't have time to implement this but maybe somebody else would like to pick up this idea/suggestion...

Basically, I was wondering if anyone thought it would be a useful feature to be able to provide renderer configuration settings within the fo:declarations section of an FO document?

These settings could resemble and override any user configuration settings that may have been set at startup time through the API or user configuration file (e.g. fop.xconf). So the top of your FO document might look something like the following :-

<fo:root xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";>
   <fo:declarations>
      <fox:strict-validation>true</fox:strict-validation>
      <fox:renderers>
         <fox:renderer mime="application/postscript">
         </fox:renderer>
         <fox:renderer mime="application/pdf">
         </fox:renderer>
      </fox:renderers>
   </fo:declarations>
   <fo:layout-master-set>
</fo:root>

Something like this shouldn't be too difficult to implement (any volunteers?) and I think it might provide quite a bit of value. It would be important to remember that the lifetime of these settings would only remain within the rendering run of the particular document that is being processed and subsequent documents being processed would revert back to FOP's default startup time settings.

Adrian.