Even though FOP configuration is quite well documented (http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.94/configuration.html), I think there is a need for a FOP configuration tool. It would help new users get up and running quickly and allow existing users to easily manage their existing configurations. Maybe even provide an automated 0.20 to 0.93 upgrade path. Users would then not have to (initially at least) spend much time learning the fine details of FOP xml configuration schema and would save a lot of time with questions on the users forum.

I was thinking it could be a simple swing app. It would certainly be a good starter project for anyone interested in familiarizing themselves with the FOP code base. So the first question I ask is, would the user community find such a tool useful? And - any volunteers? :)

Adrian.