Please note that FOP 0.20.5 did not contain an AFP renderer. It was
published as a separate component [1] and was developed outside of this
project. During FOP's redesign the code has been donated to the Apache
Software Foundation and integrated into FOP. It could very well be that
some features may not have survived the adjustment process for the new
FOP codebase.

[1] http://afp-renderer.sourceforge.net/afp-extensions.html

As always, help is welcome to improve any parts of FOP.