I get a ClassCastException if I try to make an instance with
FopFactory.newInstance(). It already used to work but now doesn't any more
while I made no changes to the class.

I type an excerpt from the StackTrace:

cce: org.apache.fop.render.afp.extensions.AFPExtensionHandlerFactory cannot be
cast to org.apache.fop.util.ContentHandlerFactoryRegistry.java:105)
    at ...
    at org.apache.fop.apps.FopFactory.newInstance(FopFactory.java:165)
    at de.hc.pdf_from_word.PdfCreator.convertXML2PDF(PdfCreator.java:44)

That points exactly to my file, where i create the new instance of FopFactory.

I give you the code of the method, I use:

        public void convertXML2PDF(File xml, File xslt, File pdf) throws
IOException, TransformerException {

                System.out.println(xml);
                System.out.println(xslt);
                System.out.println(pdf);

                try {
                        FopFactory fopFactory = FopFactory.newInstance();

                        //Setup output
                        out = new FileOutputStream(pdf);
                        out = new BufferedOutputStream(out);

                        try {

                                Fop fop =
fopFactory.newFop(MimeConstants.MIME_PDF, out);

                                //Setup XSLT
                                TransformerFactory factory =
TransformerFactory.newInstance();
                                Transformer transformer =
factory.newTransformer(new StreamSource(xslt));

                                //Setup input for XSLT transformation
                                Source src = new StreamSource(xml);

                                //Resulting SAX events (the generated FO) must
be piped through to FOP
                                Result res = new
SAXResult(fop.getDefaultHandler());

                                //Start XSLT transformation and FOP processing
                                transformer.transform(src, res);
                        }       catch (Exception e) {
                                e.printStackTrace(System.err);
                        }
                        finally {
                                out.close();
                        }
                } catch (Throwable e) {
                        // TODO Auto-generated catch block
                        e.printStackTrace(System.err);
                        //e.getCause().printStackTrace(System.err);
                }
        }