I would try setting the bottom border on the fo:block, thus:

<fo:block border-bottom="1pt solid black">Text and graphic here</fo:block>

Jay Bryant

To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2008 8:32 AM
Subject: How to underline a graphic

Hello,

I insert a little graphic in an underlined text but it is not underlined.

<fo:block text-decoration="underline">
 Text is underlined <fo:external-graphic src="logo.png"
content-height="1.5em"/>  but not graphic.
</fo:block>

I think it is normal because I find nothing in the W3C specification to
underline fo:external-graphic.
(fo:inline / fo:page-number / fo:page-number-citation / fo:character can be
underlined but fo:leader / fo:external-graphic can not)

But can somebody give me a way to have the same rendering as "an underlined
graphic" ?

Thanks,
Patrice