From: Jeremias Maerki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2008 8:25:53 AM
Subject: Re: Suggested Additions to FOP code

On 21.08.2008 12:47:22 Mathias Brossard wrote:
> Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> > I'll look into it. Did you know that you can also specify an XMP packet
> > in the fo:declarations element of XSL-FO?
> > http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/HowTo/XMP
>
> The link you have suggested, states that « This works only with FOP
> trunk. » but because the page was « last edited 2006-08-31 09:14:08 by
> JeremiasMaerki », I'm guessing that it should work with version 0.95.

I don't remember exactly but I think it should work since 0.93. The
information simply hasn't made it to the main FOP website, yet. That's
something on my task list for the next days. At any rate, the Wiki page
is not obsolete (just a bit outdated, see below).

> Testing with fo:declarations (declaration.xml), I don't get the result I
> expect in Acrobat Reader (8.1.2) Document Properties:
> - Title, Author and Application are as expected.
> - Subject is absent.
> - Keywords contains « "foo, bar, baz" ; Subject »
>
> In the PDF File, there is no "/Subject" line.
>
> Now, if I change dc:subject to dc:description, Subject and Keywords are
> now correctly displayed (except for quotes around keywords). Now in the
> PDF file, I find out that there is a "/Subject" line, which means FOP
> actually interpreted dc:description as the subject.
>
> Could someone tell me if this is an Acrobat Reader work-around or that
> the page is obsolete and that the correct mapping is with dc:description
> (and not dc:subject) ?

The mapping from dc:description to /Subject is the one specified in the
PDF/A-1 specification (ISO 19005-1:2005, Technical Corrigendum 1). I
will note that down when I port the information from the Wiki to the
main website.