On Oct 8, 2008, at 13:38, Steffanina, Jeff wrote:

Hi,

FWIW, a small performance hint:

My Friends,
Thank you for the many suggestions! I have tried them all and my issue, as suggested by Jean-Francois appears to be related to the fact that my xml tag "send-fax" is not a direct child of the node I am processing. Instead, it a "remote descendant". Therefore, I used the following code:

<xsl:when test="count(//send-fax = 0">

Seems better to use:

<xsl:when test="not(//send-fax)">

Why?
The node-set is implicitly converted to a boolean, which the processor (if intelligent enough) can evaluate as "true" as soon as the first such node is encountered. The expression "count(//send- fax)", OTOH, is more likely to trigger a complete tree-traversal starting at the context node. IIC, using a boolean would only mean a complete traversal iff the node-set is also empty (= false)

Cheers

Andreas