Thank you for your answer !

> Here's what I would do: Enable the i-f-o behaviour as in your first
> screenshot, then remove all keeps. That should avoid the overflow. Then
> add keep-with-next or keep-together one step after the other. I'm pretty
> sure that you've just overdone the keeps. Please note that
> keep-*="always" doesn't allow FOP to break the content appart.

I removed all the keeps in my entire document (i searched in the .fo
output to be sure) but this didn't solve the problem unfortunately :(

Actually, i even put some break-before (and even break-after for...
the fun ?) everywhere in the encapsulating block hierarchy to force
the page break ! But, these two didn't work either whereas they have
worked in my previous test ! (i decided to drop this issue for a while
because i thought i would be able to hack it easily later...)

And that made me think of something i changed between my old test and now:
1) i ran into memory trouble before because the whole PDF was a unique
page-sequence, so i decided to divide it into multiple page-sequences.
It solved my memory problem and the style was more elegant. So i tried
reverting theses changes having one single page-sequence again... no
luck, still the overflow.
2) i needed a watermark on some of my pages (something like "top
secret" stuff) and i chose an "XML" solution again by using SVG. It
was more convenient because i was able to rotate the text and repeat
it as much as i wanted. The issue was to render it as a "watermark"
ie. all over the page and behind the content. I chose to use a
block-container to encapsulate all the item, including the map (an
item is "Cheminée DALKIA" for instance, it has several fields entitled
in green boxes and eventually a map, as you can see in the
screenshots) and i attached the watermark.svg as its background-image.
This worked great, and was much more elegant than the other solutions
i saw about watermarks. Same test as before: i removed the
block-container and... it worked !!!!

I then re-added the keep-with-next between the green boxes and the map
and everything is now working very well. I just have to think about
another solution for the watermark, which really is a less important
issue than the one you helped me solve.

> Looking at your layout you'd probably have a keep-with-next on the green
> bar to keep the bar with the following image. But it (probably) makes no
> sense to glue the green bars together.

That's correct ;)

Well, thank you so much for you help. Even if the keeps were not the
direct cause of the problem, i did abuse of them a little so i cleaned
up my document. More important, it put me on the tracks to find out
the solution.
If you still have time to answer or some nice doc to point me to, I'd
like to know how block-container works, why it screwed the
page-breaking and how/when to use it. I think I didn't fully
understand the W3C spec about it.

Cheers !