On Sat, 2008-11-15 at 23:04 -0600, Jay Bryant wrote:
> I pronounce it the latter way (as a single syllable). I think that, if one
> were being strict, it should be three syllables, as one would do with other
> acronyms. With FOP, though, it amuses me to conflate the acronym with the
> term for a dandy (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fop). Such are the perils
> of a Master's degree in English Literature....

That was the point, actually.  That the acronym for Formatting Object to
PDF was also a word for someone obsessed with style was just
irresistible.

~Chris, whose sole contribution to the project was the name...
Part of the fact-based community since 1975.
GnuPG Fingerprint: C6E4 E2A9 C9F8 71AC 9724 CAA3 19F8 6677 0077 C319