On 09 Mar 2009, at 19:30, Hamacher, Eric wrote:

Hi

Java 1.5.0_16
FOP 0.94
XEP Version 4.14 build 20081212

Just looking for some ideas.

We’re trying to leave XEP for Apache FOP but it’s been a rough ride for our FO documents. These documents run fine when generating PDFs in XEP but results in damaged PDFs with many severe errors. Unfortunately, I can’t share a FO document with you. The root element of a typical FO looks like

<fo:root xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";
         xmlns:xdt="http://www.w3.org/2004/10/xpath-datatypes";
         xmlns:fn="http://www.w3.org/2004/10/xpath-functions";
         font-family="Arial"
         font-size="8pt">

Could there be a problem with the version of FO being used?

Not really with the 'version'. You could try FOP 0.95, maybe, but I don't think that's going to be much different.

There are a number of elements/constructs that FOP currently does not implement and XEP does (like fo:inline-container and fo:bidi-override). In other areas, FOP is more strictly compliant to the XSL-FO Rec (or at least interprets it differently than XEP; thinking of indent- inheritance and space-resolution). Those factors could require a significant amount of changes to the stylesheet that is producing the FO, in order to obtain the same result as XEP.

Regards

Andreas