On 02 Apr 2009, at 21:03, Andreas Delmelle wrote:

On 02 Apr 2009, at 20:54, bonekrusher wrote:

Thanks - I am running windows - The problem is that Java doenst even start -
so i cant see what is happening in task manager....

Oh, what I meant was: see if you have enough memory to begin with. Is there 1056MB free RAM available, or are you perhaps already using 80% before Java is even started? If yes, then that would explain why java.exe cannot allocate enough memory for the heap.

Just thought of another possibility: in server environments, the RAM on one single machine is typically shared by different users. Maybe a policy is enabled on that particular machine that would place restrictions on the amount of memory that can be used by one account at any given time?

I'm suddenly realizing that my earlier remark is not correct. It would only cause a lot of swapping, but should not lead to JVM initialization errors, IIC...

Regards

Andreas