On 06 Apr 2009, at 13:36, Sam Fuqua wrote:

Hi

I'm using fop .94. I'm reading in a .fo file, which is then manipulated by adding more fo that is generated to the flow "xsl- region-body". When I try to transform the DOMSource, I get two errors: that the root node is not a valid root node and that it must be "fo:root", and that "fo:block" is not a valid child of "block". However, if I turn the DOMSource into a string, everything works fine and I get no errors. I really need to use as DOMSource rather than a string, though. Has anybody had a similar problem?

Yes, in another (non-FO) context. Most likely this is related to namespaces. Are you adding the elements in the correct namespace, or do you just add the 'fo:' prefix and expect that this will magically take care of putting the node in the correct namespace? In the latter case, tough luck, I'm afraid. You have to take care that the additional nodes are added with the correct namespace /URI/ (the prefix should be irrelevant).

HTH!

Andreas