Hi Pascal,

I tried this option. but the vertical line is breaking and its not coming
continuosly if blocks has span="none".
I am using latest trunk build FOP jar to generate PDF file.

XSL-FO config:

<fo:simple-page-master master-name="only"
                  page-height="11in"
                  page-width="8.5in"
                  margin-top="1in"
                  margin-bottom="1in"
                  margin-left="0.75in"
                  margin-right="0.75in">
      <fo:region-body
          margin-top="0.25in" margin-bottom="1in"
          column-count="2" column-gap="0.15in"
   background-position-horizontal="center"
                  background-repeat="repeat-y"
                  background-image='url("line1.svg")'/>
      <fo:region-before extent="1in"/>
      <fo:region-after extent="1in"/>
    </fo:simple-page-master>

Line svg file code:

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG 1.1//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/1.1/DTD/svg11.dtd";>
<svg width="100%" height="100%" version="1.1"
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg";>
<line x1="0" y1="0" x2="0" y2="100"
style="stroke:rgb(99,99,99);stroke-width:2"/>
</svg>

Any help on this would be great helpful.

Thanks
Mahesh