On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 09:02:56PM +0200, Simon Pepping wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 01:34:40PM -0700, Jack Bates wrote:
> > I originally posted to the Xerces list because I thought the question
> > was how to get Xerces to use the XML catalog, but Michael Glavassevich
> > replies that the question is actually, "how to get FOP to provide an XML
> > catalog to Xerces?"
>
> I believe that that is indeed the problem. There is no command-line
> option in FOP for setting an entityresolver on the parser, and there
> is no code in FOP that would do that. It should not be difficult to
> achieve, if someone takes the time to do it.

I did that today. There is now an option -catalog, which adds a
catalog resolver for parsing the XML and XSLT files. You need to have
xml-commons-resolver in the classpath, except in java6, where it is
included.

Resolving public and system IDs for the XML file works fine. Resolving
URIs in import and include statements in XSLT stylesheets does not
work as well as I had hoped. Some included or imported stylesheets are
still fetched from their URL, bypassing the catalog. I could not find
out why that happens. Saxon did not seem to do better than Xalan.

Regards, Simon

--
Simon Pepping
home page: http://www.leverkruid.eu