Archie144 wrote:

Hi,

I m using fop 0.20.5 version.
I am having trouble in legends in JFreechart in pdf in Chinese language.
I am using JFreeChart and SVN to create chart.
        When I m creating same chart using same code in html I could see
legends of
that font in Chinese letters but when I m generating JFreeChart in pdf I m
getting ##
Characters in place of legends in JFreeChart, however I m getting correct
Chinese character in domain and range axis titles.
        I want to use Arial Unicode MS as legends font , we are embedding this
font
to show Chinese character in pdf for rest part of pdf report but I think
this has nothing to do with JFreeChart because even before embedding font I
was getting correct Chinese character in domain and range axis but problem
is in legends in JFreeChart
        I have tried all possible ways by creating font using font metrics file
but
did not get success and get below error when I try to specify font to legend
using
legend.setItemFont(new Font(“ARIALUNI”,Font.Bold,12));
legend.setItemFont(new Font(“ARIALUNI”,Font.Bold,12));
        [ERROR] unknown font Dialog,normal,bold so defaulted font to any

This means JFreeChart is using Dialog Font and not Arial Unicode as you suspected. You could add an additional font-triplet in user-config.xml under the Arial Unicode Font definition name. This additional triplet would be named "Dialog" so FOP would end up using Arial Unicode in place of Dialog.

Any ideas what how can I get Chinese text exactly in JFreeCharts’s legend in
pdf ?

Chris