Hi,

I've noticed there's a lot of 3rd party JAR files bundled with FOP 1.0, notably:

avalon-framework-4.2.0.jar
batik-all-1.7.jar
commons-io-1.3.1.jar
commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
serializer-2.7.0.jar
xalan-2.7.0.jar
xercesImpl-2.7.1.jar
xml-apis-1.3.04.jar
xml-apis-ext-1.3.04.jar
xmlgraphics-commons-1.3.1.jar

and was wondering how many do I actually need?  If "all I'm doing" is using FOP
to render an XML file using XSL template to a PDF, is there a way to trim out
the unwanted JARs?

I can do a clean compile of my application, minus the JARs above listed in the
classpath.  If I can the run my application and exercise the FOP part of it,
does that tell me which JARs I can drop or am I being too naive?

On a somewhat related note, in doing an ANT build and setting the compiler args
as follows:

<compilerarg value="-Xlint:deprecation,fallthrough,finally,path,unchecked" />

I get a few path warnings:

    [javac] warning: [path] bad path element "/lib/fop-hyph.jar": no such file
or directory
    [javac] warning: [path] bad path element "/lib/xml-apis.jar": no such file
or directory
    [javac] warning: [path] bad path element "/lib/xercesImpl.jar": no such
file or directory
    [javac] warning: [path] bad path element "/lib/serializer.jar": no such
file or directory
    [javac] warning: [path] bad path element "/lib/log4j.jar": no such file or
directory

So are these old manifest entries that have not been updated to the new
versions?  Can I safely remove these from the mainfests in the FOP JAR files?

Thanks,

Bernard.

Browse profiles for FREE! Meet local singles online.
http://clk.atdmt.com/NMN/go/150855801/direct/01/