I am struggling with the best way to parse the following XML
section from my document with XSLT using FOP.

<document>
  <usage>
    <record>
      <year>2010</year>
      <month>1</month>
      <quantity>1</quantity>
    </record>
    <record>
      <year>2009</year>
      <month>3</month>
      <quantity>2</quantity>
    </record>
  </usage>
</document>

In the PDF output, what I actually need to be able to produce
is to take the current year (2010) and go backward a total of
4 years.  The XML document could contain data in this section
that dates back prior to 2006 and that information is just
not used in this output.

The PDF should look like the following:

     J F M A M J J A S O N D Total
     - - - - - - - - - - - - -----
2010 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0     1
2009 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0     2

The XSLT starts with 2010, searches for data for month 1 and
steps by 1 until 12, keeping a total and then displays the
yearly total, decrements the year, resets the month to 1
and starts the process over.

During each step, I need to examine the XML document to find
if data exists for the year/month in /document/usage/record
by those two data values and if not, default a 0 usage;
otherwise read the value of /quantity from the record.

Anyone have any suggestions on the best way to do this?

Chris