You can put as many NOPs as you like in any of fo:simple-page-master,
fo:page-sequence and fo:declarations. But only with the current FOP
Trunk which is available from our Subversion repository. See here for
details:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/download.html#source

You can also try a nightly build if you're unfamiliar with building Java
applications:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/download.html#binary