On 09/03/2011 15:00, Sandeep Dhulia wrote:

Hi Sandeep,

Hi Peter,
Thanks for the response. Currently I don't have the IBM raster fonts, so the configuration is with base-14 fonts. But the documents says *By default, all manually configured fonts are embedded, unless they are matched in the **referenced-fonts section of the configuration file* <http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/trunk/fonts.html#embedding>*. However, the default fonts shown above will not be embedded.* So default fonts here means base14-font. Is the assumption right or my configuration is not able to detect base14-font. I have given auto-detect tag in fonts config file.

yes default fonts means base14-font. The documentation doesn't currently state that base14 fonts won't be embedded, but when you think about this makes sense. You don't provide a path to actual font file so how could it embed the font? If you remove the base14-font property and instead add path or base-uri attribute to reference the font files then the fonts will be embedded. Alternatively create a new font element if the fonts aren't really the base fonts. If you don't have the font file then you will have to go back to your client and get them. After all, how can they expect you to embed them in the output if they don't provide them?

Thanks,

Chris
Regards,
Sandeep