On 14 Apr 2011, at 17:15, Ulrich Mayring wrote:

Hi Ulrich

> Hm, maybe it's not a problem with the FOP code itself, but with the new
> version of xmlgraphics-commons included in FOP 1.0. At least there seems to
> be a new class called CommonURIResolve involved, which wasn't used in FOP
> 0.95.

In that case, can you check what happens if you use a trailing slash in the
embed-url?

Strictly speaking, according to the RFC, if there is no trailing slash, the
base URI (if you would use java.net.URI.resolve(), which CommonURIResolver
does) would be the part up to and including the last slash. If one specifies
'/my/absolute/path', then the base would be '/my/absolute/', so the 'path'
subdirectory would not be included...

I know FOP used to work around this as a convenience, since a lot of people
appear to be unaware of that fact.

Regards

Andreas
---