On 20 Jul 2011, at 10:04, Aya Sah wrote:

Hi

> I know that this error : SAXException: Mismatch: page-sequence vs. root
> have already been solved in java
> http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/faq.html#saxexception-mismatch here  .
>
> But I'm using a command line, is it possible to find the original exception
> using a parameter or a specific command line?

Given that, as the FAQ explains, the real error is likely swallowed by a buggy
XSLT implementation failing to re-throw a caught Exception, the only way I can
immediately think of, is to force a different one to be used (= a more recent
version of Xalan, or Saxon).
You can normally achieve this by editing the fop.sh script, and making sure the
actual command that is issued sets the corresponding Java System property.
For example, if you download Saxon-HE and make it available on the classpath,
then you can enforce usage of its TransformerFactory by passing

-Djavax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory=net.sf.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl

HTH!

Andreas
---