On 30 Jul 2011, at 17:55, Fernando Israel wrote:

Hi Fernando

> I use FOP 1.0 to produce PDFs.  The issue I am facing is that the content of
> the page is such that it should span over multiple pages but I only get one
> single page PDF file. I believe I am missing something very obvious.

The reason is that *all* the content is wrapped inside absolute-positioned
block-containers. Those will never, ever trigger a page-break. At worst, there
will be an overflow condition if the content does not fit, but it will never
flow to the next page, like a 'regular' block-container. (In XSL-FO
terminology, regular block-containers will potentially yield multiple
viewport/reference pairs, whereas absolute-positioned ones will always have
only one such pair.)

To give advice on how to resolve this (in case it is still necessary), we would
also need a hint of the intended result.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

HTH!

Regards

Andreas