Am 30.11.2011 17:12, schrieb Theresa Jayne Forster:
> On top of that, if I make the images local and not from the 3rd party site,
> the pdf then takes 2.5 seconds
>
> The images only take 8 seconds to download from the 3rd party site, so why
> is it taking so long?

Network connections are not seekable, and images are likely to be
downloaded multiple times. Network snooping or asking for the server
logs might get you further information, like congestion, timeouts,
or other weird effects which you might get when you let FOP fetch
the images rather than downloading them. Are there SVG among the
images? Look for includes and DTD downloads in this case.

J.Pietschmann