I will test.

".bat" is used more often that ".cmd" and unless one changes one's settings the
default is that if you have two files in a directory foobar.bat and foobar.cmd,
and you execute foobar in that directory then foobar.bat will be executed not
foobar.cmd.

Best Regards,
Jonathan Levinson
Senior Software Developer