On 27/02/2012 18:34, Jonathan Levinson wrote:
Hi Jonathon,

We are looking to bundle fop with its new complex script support with a reporting package that will be deployed at many institutions and many hospitals. We support many hospitals in the Middle East and they will be affected.

I’m looking for advice on when I should take a time-slice of the trunk. Or is it the case that a new version of FOP will be available soon, and it would be better (and still preserve timeliness) to wait for that?

What is the schedule for the next FOP release? At what point is the trunk stable enough to ship?

I’m not asking a scientifically precise question that has a scientifically precise answer, but I’m looking for pragmatic advice.

I believe Glenn Adams is planning to work on a release of FOP in the near term. Exactly when I don't know. First of all we need to discuss it on fop-dev. Typically a release candidate would be buolt first and the community allowed to test it. During which time we can iron out any instabilities before building the final release.

Thanks,

Chris

Thanks,

Jonathan Levinson