Try to add something like this to the <fonts> element of your
renderer. So for PDF that would be the <fonts> element inside
<renderer mime="application/pdf">.

embed-url="/usr/share/fonts/truetype/msttcorefonts/Arial.ttf">

This with no auto-detect means you get the default FOP Symbol for the
bullet, and you get the Ohm from the Arial font configured above. Make
sure that the embed-url points to your local Arial.ttf file.