Hi Léa,

2012/6/11 Léa Massiot <lmhe...@orange.fr>:

> Hello Pascal,
>
> I'm sorry to come back on this but I do not understand your example... :/
>
> My underlying question is the following: what is the proper method which can
> be used to associate a set of traits with specific values to a given "fo"
> element.
> For example here:
> associate a 2mm top, bottom, left and right padding to
> a particular cell (<fo:cell>) in a particular table (<fo:table>).
>
> With CSS and HTML, we would:
> - declare a class C in a css stylesheet,
> - in which we would set the various paddings
> - and we would set the "class" attribute of a particular <td class="C">
> element in a particular <table> element using this C value as forementioned.
>
> The solution I proposed in my first post does this trick: I reckon the logic
> is the same as above (in the CSS case).
> Yet, you said this is not the more appropriate solution and you proposed
> another one...

No, I said that if attributes values depend on context, the
call-template solution is more appropriate.
attribute-set remains an good solution to factorise static attribute values.

> In this other solution you proposed, I do not understand what this
> <myElement> element is.
> What am I supposed to replace it with?
> Where does this element have to be declared?

<myElement> can be replaced with any XML element you want. As I said,
that thread is a pure XSLT question, and I provide an answer that can
be used in any XSLT context.
XSL-FO can be replaced with any other DTD, the proposed example can be
adapted in any case.

--
pascal