Am 31.08.2012 16:11, schrieb Theresa Jayne Forster:
> I was wondering whether
> there was any plans or the ability to quickly scan the external links and
> then using multiple threads to get the images in parallel to reduce the
> download and creation time.

Definitely an interesting idea, but there's nobody working on it. I'll
open a low-priority bug so that it wont be forgotten, I also suspect
if this is properly implemented also local image loading might become
faster.

However, loading remotetly stored images will always be quite a bit
slower than locally stored images. Running a kind of local cache is
highly recommended.

J.Pietschmann