Hi,

I tried to reproduce and found I was getting the following message before
getting a nullpointer:

"Only simple-page-masters are supported on page-sequences. Using default
simple-page-master from page-sequence-master "presentation". (See position
19:76)"

This is because for some reason it didn't like that I was using a page sequence
master  e.g.

<fo:simple-page-master master-name="test .../>
<fo:page-sequence-master master-name="testsequence">
  <fo:single-page-master-reference master-reference="test" />
</fo:page-sequence-master>
<fo:page-sequence master-reference="testsequence" ...>
</fo:page-sequence>

If I removed the page sequence from my FO to go into the RTF and instead did
the following it worked fine:

<fo:simple-page-master master-name="test .../>
<fo:page-sequence master-reference="test" ...>
</fo:page-sequence>

At the moment I am not sure if this is a limitation, but it seems a bit odd
that it cannot use simple page sequences so it warrants further investigation.
There is a bug related to the same line in Jira found here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOP-2182

If you think your issue is not related to the page sequence master, it would
help if you could post the example FO you are using.

I will investigate more when I get the chance.

Best Regards,

Robert Meyer