It's easy to toggle to background color of table rows in XSLT using "mod":

<fo:table-row>
        <xsl:attribute name="background-color">
                <xsl:choose>
                        <xsl:when test="(position() mod 2) = 0">
                                #ffffff
                        </xsl:when>
                        <xsl:otherwise>
                                #ccffff
                        </xsl:otherwise>
                </xsl:choose>
        </xsl:attribute>
        <fo:table-cell>...</fo:table-cell>
</fo:table-row>

Unfortunately this does not match my current requirement and can not be solved
in XSLT which does not now of page breaks:
I need to start each page with "#ccffff" - espacially if there is a page break
and the table will be continued on the next page.

Any ideas?