Hi Robert,

Spurred on by that idea in my last email, I added a global @font-family
definition to the fo:root of the document, and after regenerating the .ps,
I was happy to find no references to fonts other than Palatino.  And
Distiller processes the file without a hiccup.

Thanks so much for helping me find the combination of settings that got me
over this roadblock!

Please let me know if I can do any further testing on this issue to help.

Best,
Joe