At most that will impact the logging, not the FOP output. I cannot reproduce the issue so I don't know what causes that. If you can reproduce the issue when you run just FOP from the command line (i.e.: fop -c fop.xconf -fo input.fo -pdf output.pdf) then send your logging.properties file and we can investigate.