Betreff: rendering TIFF with FOP 2.0
Datum: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 12:14:20 +0200
Von: "johannes.katel...@t-online.de" <johannes.katel...@t-online.de>
An: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org

Hello,

I have to move my application from FOP 1.1 to FOP 2.0 for generating PDF/A that
validates OK.

I have successfully migrated PDF and PDF/A rendering to FOP 2.0. No major
problem with that.

But now after migrating to FOP 2.0 the TIFF rendering that happens in the same
application is broken. Unfortunately I can't figure out how to change the code
to make it work again.

This ist the first thing that doesn't work anymore:

    protected class MyTiffDocumentHandlerMaker extends TIFFDocumentHandlerMaker
{
            @Override
        public IFDocumentHandler makeIFDocumentHandler(FOUserAgent ua) {

            TIFFDocumentHandler handler = new MyTiffDocumentHandler(color);
            handler.setContext(new IFContext(ua));
            return handler;

        }

Problems:

1.   makeIFDocumentHandler(FOUserAgent ua) does not exist anymore in
TIFFDocumentHandlerMaker
2.   TIFFDocumentHandler has no setContext method anymore.

Here's ist the second thing that doesn't work anymore:

   protected class MyTiffDocumentHandler extends TIFFDocumentHandler {
            BitmapRenderingSettings settings = getSettings();
            settings.getWriterParams().setCompressionMethod(
                    TIFFConstants.COMPRESSION_PACKBITS);

Problem:

TIFFConstants does not exist anymore.

Can't I find sample code or documentation somewhere that explains how to do
this with FOP 2.0.

I need to render TIFF. And I need to set resolution, compression and color mode.

Thanks

Johannes