On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 12:08 AM, Carlos Villegas <c...@uniscope.jp> wrote:

> Thanks, I'll try your suggestions.
>
> The open issues in Thai glyph composition are major, basically the output
> is simply not acceptable.

Understood.

> Correct positioning of vowels, diacritics and tonemarks is not a esthetic
> thing only, sometimes when they are in the wrong position they print on top
> of each other or on top of the wrong base character.   So I wouldn't say
> FOP supports Thai!

Actually, I read and speak Thai, so I would agree. It will be useful to
resolve these last bugs on the Thai script support so folks can start using
FOP for Thai content.

> I have Java code that I can donate that does glyph substitution for Thai,
> but this is based on the fact that Thai fonts also encode alternate glyphs
> into the Unicode user range.

This approach is not acceptable in FOP due to the reliance upon
non-standard coding and font dependent usage. FOP will only use of
GSUB/GPOS font tables, so we need to make this work properly for Thai.