Hello, I'm trying to convert ".fo" to PDF/a with FOP files for quite a long
time and I hoped you could help me. Please excuse my English.

I don't have the rights to use the base 14 fonts so I do have to substitute
those fonts with free fonts. In order to do so I have to embed those free
fonts through the "fop.conf" file then substitute them to the licensed
fonts. I thought the following codes would do the trick but it failed:

-Declare the FreeFont (FF) with the Licensed Font (LF) name:
        <...font kerning="yes"
embed-url="C:/Users/thinkpad/workspace/FopConverter/Fonts/ttf/arial.ttf"
name="Arial" >
        <.../font>

-Declare the FF with its own name then substitute the LF by the FF:
        <...font kerning="yes"
embed-url="C:/Users/thinkpad/workspace/FopConverter/Fonts/arial.ttf"
name="Arial">
        <.../font>
       <substitutions>
         <substitution>
           <from font-family="Helvetica" font-weight="700..900"/>
           <to font-family="Arial"/>
         </substitution>
       </substitutions>

-I also tried to declare the font with <directory></directory> or with
<auto-detect/>, then made the substitution, but it did not worked.

One of the reason of this fail might be that I miss declared the base14
fonts. I think that with the present FOP documentation it is really hard to
correctly declare a font which will serve as base 14 font. I would like to
have an exemple of how to declare a LF substitute. Such an exemple would
make Apache FOP use for PDF/a creation much easier.