From: Yash V <yash...@gmail.com>
Sent: 04 November 2018 18:01
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Questions on Spanish fonts using FOP

Hello there,

We are using FOP 0.20.5 to generate PDF documents that will be mailed to our
customers. The FOP API is used within our custom java code. This solution was
developed on our AIX servers 14 years ago and the solutions was working fine
for both English and Spanish documents.

In June 2017, we migrated our servers from AIX to Linux and we noticed couple
months ago that our solution was printing junk characters for accented Spanish
characters. As part of our troubleshooting and analysis, we did try our
solution on Windows laptop and the solution with FOP 0.20.5 is printing the
accented Spanish characters perfectly. However, the same is not true on our
Linux servers.

We tried to upgrade our FOP from 0.20.5 to 2.3 and we are still seeing the same
behavior on Linux servers.

Any pointers on the possible solution or reason for the behavior would help us
a lot in troubleshooting and fixing the solution.

FYI: Our logs does not indicate any FOP errors that point to an issue.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Yash.