From: Neil Smeby
Sent: Tuesday, January 8, 2019 12:34 PM
To: 'fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org' <fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org>
Subject: RE: https external-graphics

(sorry to break the thread chain, I just recently joined the list and missed
the original responses)

So the example image I was trying to use in FOP was a random google image
search result (for foo) that was on a BBC media server that had https with a
valid signed (not self-signed) certificate. And when I try to fetch the image
using the simple java program below, it works fine. So it doesn't seem to be a
JDK or certificate problem. Can someone else test the .fo file in my original
email? Feel free to replace the image url with an https reference you trust.

import java.net.*;
import java.io.*;

public class foo {
        URL url = new
URL("https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/960x540/p01br4cp.jpg";);
        URLConnection connection = url.openConnection();
        InputStream is = connection.getInputStream();

        BufferedReader in = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(is));

        StringBuilder response = new StringBuilder();
        String inputLine;

        while ((inputLine = in.readLine()) != null)
            response.append(inputLine);

        in.close();

        System.out.println(response.toString());
    }
}