Hi,

I have the problem that I get a small padding when I want to display two blocks
side by side.
I have created a small example to show you what I exactly mean.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

        <fo:root xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";>
                <fo:layout-master-set>
                        <fo:simple-page-master master-name="page"
page-height="297mm" page-width="210mm" margin="0">
                                <fo:region-body region-name="xsl-region-body"
margin="20mm 19mm"/>
                                <fo:region-before
region-name="xsl-region-before" extent="20mm"/>
                        </fo:simple-page-master>
                </fo:layout-master-set>
                <fo:page-sequence master-reference="page">
                        <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-before">
                                <fo:block background-color="red"
font-size="10pt">
                                        <fo:inline-container
inline-progression-dimension="105mm">
                                                <fo:block>
                                                        Text left
                                                </fo:block>
                                        </fo:inline-container>
                                        <fo:inline-container
inline-progression-dimension="105mm">
                                                <fo:block text-align="right"
background-color="yellow">
                                                        Text right
                                                </fo:block>
                                        </fo:inline-container>
                                </fo:block>
                        </fo:static-content>
                        <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
                                <fo:block/>
                        </fo:flow>
                </fo:page-sequence>
        </fo:root>

This example leads to testOutput1.pdf.

After some research I found this post
(http://apache-fop.1065347.n5.nabble.com/Eliminating-block-s-padding-around-an-external-graphic-td39020.html)

and I was able to "fix" it. The implementation now looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

        <fo:root xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";>
                <fo:layout-master-set>
                        <fo:simple-page-master master-name="page"
page-height="297mm" page-width="210mm" margin="0">
                                <fo:region-body region-name="xsl-region-body"
margin="20mm 19mm"/>
                                <fo:region-before
region-name="xsl-region-before" extent="20mm"/>
                        </fo:simple-page-master>
                </fo:layout-master-set>
                <fo:page-sequence master-reference="page">
                        <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-before">
                                <fo:block background-color="red" font-size="0">
<!-- here I have set the font-size -->
                                        <fo:inline-container
inline-progression-dimension="105mm">
                                                <fo:block font-size="10pt">
<!-- here I have set the font-size -->
                                                        Text left
                                                </fo:block>
                                        </fo:inline-container>
                                        <fo:inline-container
inline-progression-dimension="105mm">
                                                <fo:block text-align="right"
background-color="yellow" font-size="10pt"> <!-- here I have set the font-size
-->
                                                        Text right
                                                </fo:block>
                                        </fo:inline-container>
                                </fo:block>
                        </fo:static-content>
                        <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
                                <fo:block/>
                        </fo:flow>
                </fo:page-sequence>
        </fo:root>

This example leads to testOutput2.pdf.

As you can see it does what I want. But to set the font-size for every block is
more a "hack" than a proper solution.
I have also tried to set a padding of -1 which works but this feels like a hack
aswell. In my opinion this can't be the final solution.
Any ideas?

Thanks,

Arthur