Hi a,,

thanks to all of you, Bob, Daniel and Oskar!

Indeed, it looks like it is an issue with 'xsltproc'. As adviced, I
tried with saxon6, and et voila, it renders the title page with
expected font sizes (while it is much slower than xsltproc, but thats
another story).

I'll pickup the idea of Daniel and try to figure out with which
version of xsltproc the issue came in in order to file a bug at Gnome
somewhere. Might be difficult to create such a non-FOP example, but
lets see. Nevertheless, I'll file the bug anyway.

Again, thanks to you guys to give me a pointer (to saxon6) :-)

--
Thomas